Monsoon will soon be here and the climate change is indeed an irritating one not only for our skin and hair but also for our taste buds as well. There is nothing more comforting and cozy than a hot, spicy and yummy snack with a cup of steaming coffee (Sorry, I have more affinity towards coffee).
How about adding a little “health” quotient to those tangy snacks? Perfect isn’t it?
Don’t worry Indian beauty Maniac is still a beauty blog. My friend, who is also a great cook wanted to share her healthy yummilicious recipes here and I am not complaining. After all, happy tummy leads to happy self and happy self leads to pretty self right?
I will be sharing one recipe every week starting with today. These are super easy and we hope you girls enjoy trying it out.
Onion Paneer Chillas
For the Batter
Gram Flour (besan) - about 3 tbsp
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Water - as may be required
Oil for spreading
For the Filling
Onion -1 large finely chopped.
Green Chilies - 2 – 3 finely chopped.
Paneer (preferably homemade) – about half a cup.
Coriander leaves - 1/4th cup finely chopped.
Salt - to taste
Red Chili Powder -1/4th tsp.
1. Start by mixing the batter ingredients except oil and water.
2. Mix the filling ingredients in a separate bowl and keep aside.
3. Prepare a batter by slowly adding water to the mixture. Ensure there are no lumps left and the batter consistency is like the Dosa batter or lightly thinner.
4. Heat a not stick tawa and spread about half tsp oil on it to make it greasy.
5. Spread little batter on the tawa and make the chillas one by one just as you prepare dosa by adding little oil on the sides.
6. Turn upside down and heat until both the sides turn golden brown.
7. On the hot chillas spread about 3 to 4 tsp of the filling on one half side.
8. Roll them up.
9. Cut it into pieces of about 3 inches each and serve hot with green chutney or just tomato ketchup.
I usually take it as it is without any condiments to enjoy the spicy tangy taste :D can be packed in your child’s lunch box since it is very healthy. Your kids will love it.
Do try it and let me know. If you have any queries please ask me in the comment section. I would be more than glad to help you out.