Happy Monday ladies,
Under eye skin is the most neglected when it comes to our daily beauty routine. Till the moment an unwanted crow’s feet or discoloration is spotted, we never think of it. We fail to realise that, when it comes to under eye care, being young does not matter.
By now we all know that the skin around the eyes is very thin than the skin in the rest of our face making them more prone to skin problems like pre-mature ageing, dryness, dullness, dark circles and sun damage etc.
I have dry skin and though I do not have hereditary dark circles, I do get them when I am not getting enough rest or when I am ignoring my health. In this post, I am sharing with you all couple of easy tips that we could incorporate in our daily life for preventing damage to the delicate under eye area. Also, I have a quick DIY for preventing dark circles and for brightening up the eye area.
- Moisturising is very important. Under eye area is more prone to dryness. Always use an under eye moisturiser /serum/ gel as per your preference before applying make-up. Your facial moisturiser is NOT enough. Apply it, let it soak in and then go ahead with your make-up.
- Never use cloth, no matter how soft it feels to remove make-up. Use the make-up removing pads like these. Lots of brands are available in the market. I personally prefer The Body Shop and Helen Harper ones. They are not harsh on the delicate under eye area. If you use harsh medium to remove makeup, it may result in early signs of crows feet and wrinkles.
- Never apply and remove make-up frequently in a short span of time. If you are trying out a new look for your blog post, give it lots of time and try not to wipe the entire make-up and try again and again. Wiping off make-up, reapplying and again wiping it off at short intervals, no matter what kind of removers or wipes you use, is no good.
- While removing eye make-up, always use good quality remover or oil as per your preference. Don’t just dab the remover in your eye and start wiping it off immediately. Let the remover soak in for a few seconds. It will help loosen up the make-up and they will come off easily.
- Try to give some kind of breathing time to your eyes. If you are chronic eye-makeup user like me, give some kind of break every week. I know how sick we look without eye makeup but then it is really healthy to have a no eye makeup day once or twice in a week.
- Try pampering your eyes with intensive packs or creams designed for the same like this one from Aroma Magic or just use two thin slices of cucumber. They don’t take much time and the results are great.
- Last but not the least. UV protection. Under eye area is more prone to sun damage. Try wearing coolers when you intend to stay out in the sun for a long time. Brownie point: They make you look fabulous.
A Quick DIY to prevent dark circles and brighten your eye area: Mix equal proportions sesame oil, coconut oil and castor oil. Apply it around the eyes and on the lids. Massage gently for 2-3 minutes before washing it off. You can do this every week during your hot oil ritual. Very effective in nourishing and brightening the skin around the eyes and as these oils have cooling properties, it also helps reduce body heat.
All the tips mentioned above are practised by me. If you have some more ideas, do feel free to share it in the comments below.
Have a great week.