Hello pretty ladies,
I almost forgot that I started a Maniac’s Summer Skin Treats series in my blog. Agni-Nakshatram is here and for those who don’t know, it is said to be the hottest period in the summer season.
Today I am going to share at-home remedies and product which I use to keep my lips healthy. The product about which I am going to talk is widely available and can be called as the hero of natural skin remedies. Yes you are right. It is none other than our beloved Aloevera.
I have already shared about my tanning remedy here in the first Maniac’s summer skin treats post.
So, let’s get started.
We all know that the outer layer of our lips is very thin and delicate making it prone to sun damage. And though our lips may not tan, they may lose their suppleness, look dehydrated and the skin around the corner of the lips may get darkened due to sun exposure.
Before sharing the way I use Aloevera, let me list down some of the do’s and don’ts of lip care in summers:
- Always wear a Lip balm with SPF – Himalayas, Neutrogena, Vichy, Avene and sebamed makes lip balm with SPF.
- NEVER lick your lips to wet them. Saliva only aggravates the problem and it is a very bad habit.
- Never use colored lip products on lips without prepping them first however hydrating they might be.
- Scrub your lips once in a week to get rid of dead skin and make them look healthy and supple.
If you are not fond of buying ready-made lip scrubs, you can make one by
Just apply a tiny dollop of Aloevera gel on your lips and on the skin around your lips. You will see how instantly your lips look supple and nourished.
I use Aloevera gel on my lips
- before applying lip balm and lipstick.
- before going to sleep at night.
- after coming home travelling on a sunny day.
It also helps with the darkening around the lips and temporary darkening of the lips.
Do not feel stingy in reapplying the gel. As it is not a lip-balm, it will get absorbed and it won’t feel balmy or sticky.
Have you used Aloevera gel for your lip care? If so, let me know in comments below.
If you have aloevera plat at home you can extract the gel yourself but if you don't like the process or don't have time to do so, you can buy it from flipkart